Grid control ignoring size of text areas

Posted by Rollbase User on 19-Jul-2010 02:01

Grid control seems to ignore the width assigned to text areas, and displays them very small.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 23-Jul-2010 11:15

This was originally done intentionally because grid controls typically have larger number of columns. I will add this to my list to look at whether we can dynamically adjust their width based on number of columns or screen width.

Posted by Admin on 16-Mar-2012 14:30

Fields in grid control do not retain their specified Default Size. This results in the grid being too wide and having to scroll to the right when there are more than just a few fields in the grid.

My suggestion is to add another property to the Field setup, in addition to Default Size, you can have Default Size (in grid control). Or on the Grid Setup page where you set if the field is required or not - you can have

Posted by Admin on 26-Sep-2012 07:46

Hello,

We've had the same question from one of our customer, who would like to have a text field larger in the grid control.

We would like to either have the "Default Size" being used in grid control,

or maybe, when setting the grid control, having the ability to set the width of each field. (ilke Mike proposed above).

Thanks,

Romain.

Posted by Admin on 13-May-2013 17:00

Hi Pavel/Matt,

Is there a way we can have the text field follow the default size of the html text box? For example I have 15 text fields where all have be inputted a value on the grid control. Since these text fields are decimal inputs, it would be fine if the html text box is around 50px.

currently, since they do not follow the default width, they exceed the page with and the user needs to scroll in order to see and edit the fields on the far right. If I can specify the width of each text box, I can make sure that all the fields i need are displayed without the user having to scroll to the right.

At least we could have an option in the grid control configation that switches on and off the "follow field width defaults"

Thanks,

Simon

Posted by Admin on 14-May-2013 03:38

Hello Simone,

We have been in the same situation before. To be able to have all text inputs of a grid in a smaller width, we have used the following:

1. Put the following Javascript code on your page:

function setWidthToGridFields() {

// Sets a width of 50px to every text input of grids

$("[id*='rbi_gridRow_'] span input[type='text']").css('width', '50px');

}

2. On grid configuration level, call the function :

3. On the page configuration level, also call the function 'onLoad'.

This will set a width of 50pixels to all your numerical fields in grids.

If you know a bit of jQuery, you can play around with those rules and modify the function to best answer your needs.

Kind regards,

Romain.

Posted by Admin on 14-May-2013 08:02

Thanks Romain. This solves it. :)

This thread is closed