Report name sent by Batch job is not very good

Posted by Rollbase User on 18-Apr-2013 03:33

Hello, We have created an "Upload report" batch job to generate a report and send it by FTP on a server. The generated report file name is SnapshotYYYYMMDD. I guess that would be better if the report file name be the report name or something similar. It would be more logical for many reasons. That is already the case when an user sends the report by email. Hope this is ok for you. Regards, Matthieu

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 18-Apr-2013 11:11

I'll try to address this in the next release

Posted by Admin on 20-Apr-2013 12:03

This is fixed in 4.04 release

Posted by Admin on 21-Apr-2013 00:09

Marking as resolved

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2013 04:32

Hello,

Sorry, I was not clear enough on this subject. Here below a few more explanations.

Actually, we use this functionnality to set up interfaces with others applications. We exchange datas with other softwares this way, especially when they do not have web services. I guess this is the main goal of this feature. A lot of softwares work this way.

So, we need to generate a file with the same name every time. So the name can not include the day date in his name.

Moreover, because of special characters and because users can modify the report name, I don't think it is a good idea the use the report name.

I think the best would be that we get a field where we can write the report name we want. I guess between "Report" field and "Output Format" field. This is more secure and logic.

What do you think ?

Is it ok for you ?

Thank you very much.

Matthieu

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2013 10:50

I can make file name fully configurable in the next release (4.06)

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2013 11:35

Great !

Thank you very much.

Matthieu

This thread is closed