Creating custom search

Posted by Rollbase User on 05-Apr-2013 12:32

Is it possible to create custom search object with preselected pick-lists similar to the Portal search pages? Search filter need to be configured every time and having too many saved views in not the best solutions ether. Filtering object records base on preselected pick-lists will be much easier.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 06-Apr-2013 13:00

It is possible to have a "Detailed Search" component pre-configured in a given page within your app. See the section called "Detailed Search" in Chaoter 4 of Rollbase in Action:

https://www.rollbase.com/rollbaseinaction.shtml

You can then edit the page this is in and add a Script component to use JavaScript to pre-populate any fields in this component with values. You can even build custom buttons or a selector to populate the search fields with different values. However, you'll have to figure out the code for this yourself as it is not something we have an example of.

Regards,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 02-May-2013 19:44

I too find myself wishing that the search page was editable such as the search results page, new record page, etc. so that I could preconfigure the search options. One reason is that any search via a detailed search component (as suggested above) results in a "Modify Search" button on the search results page. Clicking this button returns user to the default search page rather than the page where they initiated the search. As a work around we have a detailed search component on the search results page and hide the modify search button via CSS.

On the same note, when configuring a detail search would it be possible to allow configuring the view to use for lookup fields? Right now using the rbf_setviewfilter for the lookups, but this seems to preclude being able to set it as a picklist and is easy to break if changing the component configuration.

This thread is closed