Bootstrap forced into portals header

Posted by Rollbase User on 01-May-2013 12:16

Hello, As it seems, Twitter bootstrap is now forced into the header of portal pages. (It is included on portals header when rendering the page, but we don't see it when updating portal's header). This is a problem for us as our customers are using portals in production, and have specific styles to them. The Twitter bootstrap CSS/Javascript changes rendering a lot on their portals as Bootstrap CSS attributes are taken in priority. This forces us to update their custom CSS files and "nullify" bootstrap CSS rules by setting "!important" on almost every css attribute we can think of, in order to get back to the previous rendering. I believe there should be a way to chose if we want to include bootstrap or not on portals. Can you provide a solution? Thank you.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-May-2013 13:21

Hello,

We plan to migrate all our customers tomorrow. We would appreciate if you could get back to us in the day. I hope you get a solution and we won't have to cancel our migration.

Thank you for your help.

Posted by Admin on 01-May-2013 23:25

Hi Matthieu,

This is the way it works in 4.0+. We cannot release a simple solution to this as it requires the addition of new configuration options for portals. We do plan to address this with a better solution in an upcoming release. Please contact me directly if there is any other way we can help

Regards,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 02-May-2013 09:55

It's allright.

We have transfered all of our private cloud customers to v4 today.

We have been able to ajust the design on all of their portals.

We had 20 to 30 CSS attributes to change in each of their specific CSS to make sure they are taken in priority. (and not Bootstrap's attributes).

I'm not going to list them as they are different for each of our customers.

Some were to change on every of our customers though.

For instance, Bootstrap's body attributes are the following :

body {

margin: 0;

font-family: "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 13px;

line-height: 20px;

color: #333;

background-color: #FFF;

}

We were forced to redifine body's attributes by putting "!important" on each of the correspondant attribute in our custom CSS files.

(To make sure it uses our font, our size, our color...)

It's not that big of deal TBH, but I still find it "weird" that Bootstrap's attributes are taken in priority. I think our

This thread is closed