Changes made on the "Password Reset Notification"

Posted by Rollbase User on 18-Feb-2013 07:01

Hi Everyone, Good Day! We encountered an issue wherein changes made on the "Password Reset Notification" email template, were not being reflected on the email sent. This was tested on both a Private Instance and on Rollbase.com. Please see images below for the step-by-step screenshots for replication. PRIVATE INSTANCE: 1. This is my current Password Reset Notification template:  2. Go to your Login page. Click on the ‘Forgot your password?’ link.  3. Enter your User Name. Click on Submit.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 18-Feb-2013 10:56

Your changes will take effect after some time - caching issue, will not be addressed.

Posted by Admin on 19-Feb-2013 04:26

Hi Pavel,

"Your changes will take effect after some time - caching issue"

-> This is only applicable to Rollbase.com. Unfortunately, the Private Instance does not seem to behave like this.

We tried the following approaches to no avail:

> Unload/Load of zone

> Server Restart

> Edit/Save of User Object

> Override current Rollbase XML with same XML.

Our main problem here is that the current email template is using a Login URL that is outdated. Emails sent to the user contain the wrong Login URL, so this would lead to confusion if they do not know the exact/correct Login URL.

Since this won't be addressed, is there any way for us to solve this issue for a Private instance?

Please let me know if I'm missing out on something.

Thanks,

Gutchi

Posted by Admin on 19-Feb-2013 09:51

If you still see old template after server restart - you did not save your changes.

I'll check how this issue can be addressed in one of the following releases.

This thread is closed