Within the grid control: the relationship is still available

Posted by Rollbase User on 03-Jan-2013 13:48

Hi, This issue looks like the previous ticket which i have issued: (https://getsatisfaction.com/rollbase/topics/relationships_are_messed_up_when_using_expression_fields) We can reproduce the issue when having a grid control and within the grid control a relationship to another object. After deleting the whole grid record (with the relationships), the relationships are still there. Within the views/GUI you don't see the relationships, but when you refer in formula fields or triggers with {object#id} you get the old relationship id back in stead of -1. Could you please check this again? Maybe again, due to the expression fields

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 06-Jan-2013 13:43

Here some screenshots, here you can see the relationship:

On the other object side, we can see the relationship:

After deleting the line:

The relationship has been removed on the GUI, but we can see them in formula fields:

Posted by Admin on 11-Jan-2013 13:25

I do not confirm the issue. I have relationship x - Y. I have template

{!#LOOP_BEGIN.R874894#874861}{!R874894.id},{!#LOOP_END.R874894}

on X side. When I delete related Y - this template shows remaining Y IDs correctly.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jan-2013 05:05

Dear Pavel,

I can still reproduce the issue. Please see the steps below to reproduce it, with your example

- You have two objects, X and Y (relationship: one X to many Y with a grid control)

- Create object Z (create a relationship between Y and Z (many Y to one Z, introduce this field also in the grid control)

- Create an expression field within object Y, which contains the id = {!id}, see image: on the right side within the grid

- Delete the grid line from example above

- Check from object Z to the relationship with Y, you still see the relationship (with 123456#id)

I hope that you can fix this with todays update...

Thanks in advance...

Posted by Admin on 05-Feb-2013 02:41

Is there any progress on this issue? There is no relationship and as you can see below, the system stores all of the relationships. If you use the #id, we get the first ID. At this moment, the calculations based on the relationships are not reliable:

Posted by Admin on 05-Feb-2013 09:40

Deleting a record moves it to Recycle Bin, not destroys it. So ID may still be visible.

Posted by Admin on 05-Feb-2013 12:59

Hi Pavel,

Also when I empty the Recycle Bin, the ID's are still there.

Posted by Admin on 05-Feb-2013 14:15

I'll take a look.

This thread is closed