New record has been created unintentionally after using dele

Posted by Rollbase User on 26-Jan-2013 14:05

There is a difference between using the delete link on the right side of the grid (edit mode) and the delete link on the left side of the grid (action link). This is what I do: Step 1: pressing delete link in edit mode on the right side of the grid in order to delete a line item record (result: Ok) Step 2: starting automatically 'before delete timing' trigger which delete another record in the grid by using deleterecord api function (result: Ok) After step 2 something unexepected happens: a new record with the data of the deleted record (step 2) has been created. I don't have an event or trigger for new record creation. How is this possible? When I use the delete link on the left side of the grid (action link), everything works fine for step 1 and step 2 and no new record has been created.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Jan-2013 15:25

Please check ID of record - perhaps this is an old record which was not deleted.

Posted by Admin on 27-Jan-2013 12:48

Bakar and I spent many hours on this problem and we are sure we have no problems with old records or ID's. We also deleted all records and then carried out a lot of tests. Please let me know if you need further information. Thanks in advance!

Posted by Admin on 27-Jan-2013 13:01

Please attach info from Triggers Debug window - this is a key tool to resolve trigger-related issues.

Posted by Admin on 27-Jan-2013 14:49

I don't have a problem anymore after installing 3.9.3...

it seems that 3.9.3 also has excellent features for fixing bugs :-)

Nevertheless, we are very happy that this problem is solved!!!!

Many thanks...

This thread is closed