Triggers are running for too long, process is aborted to pro

Posted by Rollbase User on 25-Dec-2012 14:06

I got this error in rollbase.com when executing Send HTTP POST Request and Object script triggers via workflow action. Basically, this is what my triggers do: Trigger 1: Sends an XML request to a web service Trigger 2: Gets the XML response from the web service and parses the data to create Object1 records Trigger 3: Gets the XML response from the web service and parses the data to create Object2 records This is error string: Error executing Trigger: "Trigger 2" Triggers are running for too long, process is aborted to protect system resources. It gets the error in trigger 2. Most of the time, I only get this error when executing it for the first time. The succeeding runs does not encounter this error. I believe that my trigger 2 did not exceed the 10,000 ms limit because the error should have been different.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 25-Dec-2012 17:41

You can increase timeout limit in Private cloud installation.

But I would recommend to move long running triggers offline by making them delayed.

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 00:39

Will try this solution and let you know the results.

Thanks for the prompt reply. :)

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 05:24

Still getting the error.

I think delayed triggers are not working when they are called via workflow action. I have set a 2 minute delay on my object script trigger but it ran right away.

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 07:06

What type of workflow action do you use?

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 07:08

Which Rollbase version do you use?

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 13:36

I'm using Run selected triggers

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 13:38

Am developing with 3.9.0 engine version

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 14:28

Here are additional information that might help you:

> Currently, my XML request template is static, so I get the same XML results every time I use the workflow action.

> I tried debugging the delayed triggers and found the same error message in the pop-up window.

> I also checked the first execution yesterday. The first lasted 25 to complete and got the error.

> I'm developing this in rollbase.com but the zone is already on production.

> The 3rd trigger executes heavier codes than the 2nd trigger but the error comes from the 2nd trigger even when delayed.

Posted by Admin on 26-Dec-2012 17:24

Are you saying that with workflow action trigger runs immediately even if it is configured to run as delayed?

Posted by Admin on 27-Dec-2012 21:01

This happens intermittently. Sometimes, the workflow action instantaneously runs the delayed triggers. Could this be caused by the error in my triggers?

Posted by Admin on 27-Dec-2012 21:33

Delayed triggers can generate another delayed triggers. This may be dangerous for performance.

This thread is closed