Validation triggers/field-level not working if in Grid Contr

Posted by Rollbase User on 06-May-2012 00:36

Validation triggers and Field-level validation are not working for objects in grid control. For example, a Before Update validation trigger AND a Field Level validation on a text field that's in grid control both have formulas that always return an error message (for testing purposes).   However, when saving the Parent Record (with child record in grid control) - the record Saves...

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 12:01

That's how it works. Errors on Grid Control will not prevent base record from being created.

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 21:29

Isn't that what the validation is for? To check for correct data before being able to save? Just because a related record is being created/updated in grid control - it should still be able to be validated, no?

Posted by Admin on 12-May-2012 00:13

I get what you are looking for, though this is not currently the way the grid control handles validation. We'll discuss and get back to this thread.

Posted by Admin on 14-May-2012 16:30

I will review the issue.

Posted by Admin on 29-Nov-2012 15:03

Hi Matt, Pavel,

Same issue here. Is there any progress on this topic? I want to use the validation on field level. These fields are used within the grid-control. Thnx

Posted by Admin on 29-Nov-2012 15:40

Trigger-level validation works, but field-level does not. This will be fixed in 3.8.9 release.

Posted by Admin on 29-Nov-2012 16:24

Wow thanks Pavel! Thanks for the quick reply.

This thread is closed