Formula field contains previous data

Posted by Rollbase User on 08-Nov-2012 15:36

Hi, I think this happened after the Rollbase upgrade (>3.8.3), but im not sure. I'm using the grid functionality. Within the grid i have some formula fields. When saving the whole page(=record) and open it again, everything seems to be fine. But after a change in the grid (e.g. changing the VAT percentage), the system shows the previous values when i have saved the record and open it again. I have debugged it on field level and select the record, here you can see that the formula calculates 3.6 related to the BTW (=VAT) field:  But when opening the whole record, the previous values (11.40) are shown:  Does anybody have the same

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 08-Nov-2012 15:58

Formula fields in Grid control are not updated automatically. You can use client-side JavaScript to do that. Please check Chapter 7 for example.

Posted by Admin on 08-Nov-2012 16:05

Hi Pavel,

I have used the page javascript, this works without any problems. So when changing the VAT percentage, everything is calculated correctly. After a save and opening it again, everything looks fine. But for example when i change the VAT percentage again, everything will be again calculated correctly. After saving it, and opening it again (without changing anything) the values are from the previous save. So the system shows me the oldest entries. Hope to hear from you soon...

Posted by Admin on 08-Nov-2012 16:40

Your formula calculates sum of two numbers. Are these numbers shown correctly (apart from formula)?

Please submit support request on rollbase.com so I could take a look.

Posted by Admin on 08-Nov-2012 16:49

Hi Pavel,

Yes they are shown correctly. I will submit a support request. Thnx a lot!

Posted by Admin on 11-Nov-2012 23:14

This has been fixed in the 3.8.6 release on Saturday November 10th

CORRECTION: This will go out with the 3.8.7 release coming next weekend

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is closed