Is there a report link string option?

Posted by Rollbase User on 27-Sep-2012 10:39

Is there an option to use a string to generate a report? Something like {!REPORT.43435#URL}? If not, would this be possible to link the the report for places elsewhere in Rollbase?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 27-Sep-2012 11:33

We don't have this type of template tokens, but I can enable them in the next release.

Posted by Admin on 27-Sep-2012 11:52

That would be great if you could add it. Could you provide options for an HTML version and a PDF version of the report? Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 26-Oct-2012 19:37

I'll make tokens {!#REPORT.854637#url} available for all formulas and templates in 3.8.4 release due tomorrow.

Posted by Janani Nayanathara on 09-Feb-2017 03:23

I am using Rollbase 4.4 and I want to get the link of a tabular report to be accessed from somewhere else in Rollbase application.

But the documentation says that this #url is not supporting for tabular reports.

Can anyone please suggest me how can I get the link to a tabular report.

Posted by mpiscoso@gmail.com on 09-Feb-2017 03:43

Hello Janani,

If i'm not mistaken the report link component should be accessible across all page types in the platform. You should be able to pull a report it and place it anywhere.

If you just need the URL itself, given the fact that [tag:URL] isn't currently an option, I suggest placing the Report link component inside of a hidden section and using js/jquery to access the URL itself.

ex. var myReportURL = $('[name="Section Name"]').first().find('a').first().attr('url');

If you have more than one report you can just specify an index.

ex.

var myReportURL1 = $('[name="Section Name"]').first().find('a')[0].attr('url'),

myReportURL2 = $('[name="Section Name"]').first().find('a')[1].attr('url');

Unfortunately, this workaround will only work on the client-side (which I hope is enough for your requirement).

On the server-side I have to poke around but I hope that this can help you out.

Posted by Janani Nayanathara on 12-Feb-2017 12:36

Hello mpiscoso,

This method works. Thank you very much.

-Janani

This thread is closed