Exporting from hosted solution to private cloud installation

Posted by Rollbase User on 15-Oct-2012 10:27

How can I export data from the hosted solution (specifically the CRM app) to that app in my Private Cloud installation? We started using the hosted solution to test Rollbase and now want to move that (small) amount of data to the purchased Private Cloud. I can export on the various views but it isn't a mapped export to import. Help? Thanks, Jim

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 15-Oct-2012 11:20

You can export all your (customized) apps in XML format, than install them in your Private Cloud. As for actual data, please use spreadsheet import.

Posted by Admin on 15-Oct-2012 11:28

Pavel, I understand the spreadsheet import but don't understand how to export the actual data from the hosted solution. I don't see any functionality to export. The app is not customized - I don't need the app.

Thanks,

Jim

Posted by Admin on 15-Oct-2012 11:33

Let me clarify - I don't see an export that will get all of the data fields. The export for the view will concatenate the Lead First and Last Name into one field and will not export the description. How can I get this information, for example into the Private Cloud correctly?

Posted by Admin on 15-Oct-2012 16:37

Jim,

You can create a new "View" on each object you want to export and include all of the fields you want to export. Then export that View to a CSV file and use the Import tool in your private cloud for the corresponding object to import the data.

Does this help? If you need specific step by step instructions let me know

Regards,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 16-Oct-2012 09:28

Matt, that is exactly what I needed- sorry to be such a noob. I'm sure that sounds simple to those that have been using Rollbase but I was expecting the admin section to have a function to export all the data. Thanks!

This thread is closed