IE8 and Quick Create doesn't work on every version?

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Oct-2012 04:34

Hello, We have a customer that has an error when using Rollbase using IE8 (8.0.6001) with Windows XP. The following error appears when the user tries to use the Quick Create component. "HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)" I searched on my own I can't find a way around it. Some say you can avoid this by adding spaces between script tags. It seems like an Internet Explorer problem that appears on some older versions of IE. Do you know what can be done to avoid this problem? Other than using another web browser? Anyway, we'll have to tell them to change their web browser at some point if you plan on stopping support for IE8. Thanks, Romain Pennes.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Oct-2012 23:49

Hi Romain,

I highly recommend your IE8 users upgrade to either IE9, chrome, FF, or another modern browser. Major SaaS apps like Googl Apps are dropping support for IE8 because of issues like this.

Meanwhile if you can point me where in the code/JS this is happening I am happy to take a deeper look.

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is closed