How can I setup a checkbox that has a long question for the

Posted by Rollbase User on 30-Aug-2012 11:49

I know about the field level help, but I'd like to setup a checkbox that has a long question for the user that is displayed inline with the checkbox. For example: [_] I certify that I have read and agreed to the service level agreement.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 13:11

This option is not available at this moment. We can consider this as enhancement.

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 23:30

Hi Tim,

For this type of thing I normally recommend adding an HTML or Script component in the page section just above the checkbox with explanatory text, such as: "Check this box to certify that I have read and agreed to the service level agreement."

You can also use JavaScript to change the label or add your own markup after the checkbox and achieve your desired look programmatically [though this is more effort than the above]

Hope this is somewhat helpful,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 31-Aug-2012 12:56

Thanks guys. I had seen a Rollbase screen in the format I want, but now know I'll need to find another approach.

I tried a two-column layout, with an HTML block in the 2nd column. It's kludgey, but works. I'll try the JavaScript approach next to place the content inside the table cell itself.

tabindex="15" type="checkbox">

Posted by Admin on 31-Aug-2012 18:14

Great. Meanwhile we will likely add the ability to define a trailing label for checkboxes in the future.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 24-Sep-2012 17:20

To conclude this thread we have added a field property called "Text to the right" of a checkbox in the 3.8.0 release.

Thanks,

Matt

This thread is closed