ftp connection reset.

Posted by Rollbase User on 14-Sep-2012 07:49

Hi Guys, I'm having a problem with our ftp batchjob, its not dumping the file in one of our ftp server the only error we get is 'Connection reset' sent in email. I am pretty sure that we don't have a user authentication problem since I tried the same username and password in an ftp client software with success result. We also don't have problem with write/edit/delete permission caused I am able to perform them manually, and lastly the report is only trying to generate a single row detail a very minimal file size so I simply don't know what could be the problem why its not getting the job done. Sorry that is all the information I can get right now, if you need additional information just tell me where to get it. 1150tech :] Kim Michael

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 14-Sep-2012 13:10

Please submit support request on rollbase.com

I can try to reproduce the problem.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2012 00:12

Hi Pavel, done with support request here is the ID 55863439 just let me know if you need more information.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2012 09:17

What happens when you click "Test FTP Connection" link?

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2012 21:32

Is says ok, I have attached two images for your visuals.

Posted by Admin on 17-Sep-2012 21:39

It says 'ok', I have attached the images in the ticket for your visuals.

Posted by Admin on 19-Sep-2012 11:53

"Connection reset" basically means that server has closed connection while client is still sending data. Perhaps your FTP upload is too big. Please check settings on your FTP server and make sure it can keep connection opened long enough.

Posted by Admin on 19-Sep-2012 21:33

Yes that is why I set the report to only generate a single row of data but still no luck, this is the second ftp server we used by the way and still getting the same result.

We are able to use it before but probably one of the engine updates rendered it this way. I uploaded the troubled application in rollbase.com in trial mode and created a support ticket just like what you said can you take a look at it? here is the ID of ticket 55863439.

Thanks

Kim Michael

This thread is closed