No Ignore Warning option in Unique Fields Combination Trigge

Posted by Rollbase User on 30-Aug-2012 22:38

Hi All, I noticed that there was no 'Ignore Warning' option when using Unique Fields Combination trigger. Please refer to the steps below to replicate the issue: 1. Create a unique fields combination trigger and tick 'Treat this trigger as a Warning'.  2. Create two records to simulate the trigger.  Notice that it had no option to ignore the warning. :)

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 22:45

It seems to me this would defeat the purpose of this trigger. The purpose of this trigger is for validation, i.e. to present a warning when one or more fields have the same values as another record. If you choose to ignore the warning then the unique fields constraint would be bypassed and the trigger essentially does nothing. Let me know if I am misunderstanding the issue.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 22:59

I get your point but I was expecting that ticking the 'Treat this trigger as a Warning' would behave like the 'Validate Record Data' Trigger type. Please see screenshot below:

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 23:02

I see what you are saying now. Let me discuss with Pavel when he returns (Sept 18th) and will get back to you on whether or not we can/should move forward with this as an enhancement.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 23:04

Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 14-Sep-2012 22:02

This will be release in version 3.8.0 planned for the weekend of Sept 22nd

This thread is closed