Pass filter to embedded reports

Posted by Rollbase User on 26-Jul-2012 11:51

The new ability to embed reports into an HTML reports is working well but I'm trying to figure out how to have the embedded reports filter on the "master report" filters. For example, if I have an object structure like this: TREE A BRANCH 1 APPLE A APPLE B BRANCH 2 APPLE C TREE B BRANCH 3 The master report is done at the TREE object and I have a sub report for the BRANCH and the BRANCH does have a relationship to the TREE. If I set a filter on my master report for the TREE to only show me TREE A, I need to be able to have the filter for TREE A to also apply to my sub report for the BRANCH object. Because there's already a relationship there from the BRANCH to the TREE, I just need to have the same filter apply that's being used at the top level. I noticed a function {!#FILTER} in the Report Helpers on HTML reports but couldn't find any documentation

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Jul-2012 15:07

I'll put this in the queue.

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2012 11:02

Any idea when this might be implemented?

On a somewhat related question, is it possible to pass filter values to reports through a URL? For example, the PDF output of a report is https://ROLLBASE/master/servlet/Template?hint=report&reportId=53300 so would it be possible to pass something additional in the URL to filter the report?

Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 16-Aug-2012 11:39

I'll try to figure this out in September, have a pretty high volume of requests currently.

Posted by Admin on 20-Aug-2012 10:53

Great, thanks!

Posted by Admin on 06-Sep-2012 13:32

Tabular reports can include up to 3 layers of nested reports. That should cover your data structure.

You can also consider creating template-based or JavaScript reports - they will provide a great deal of flexibility.

#FILTER token is used for HTML representation of runtime filters (added to documentation).

My apology for long time to respond.

This thread is closed