Installation Question - Re-deploying WAR files

Posted by Rollbase User on 04-Sep-2012 10:17

I have a problem accessing certain parts of the Rollbase application after login. This is a new installation and once logging in, everything seems to be fine but I cannot access the administration setup for example. Here is the exception error I get when I click on Administration Setup: exception org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No output folder org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:538) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:364) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313) org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:260) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) root cause java.lang.IllegalStateException: No output folder org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.createOutputDir(JspCompilationContext.java:678) org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getOutputDir(JspCompilationContext.java:197) org.ap

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Sep-2012 12:40

Normally after output from Master server you should see output from Production server. It seems like Production server and few other components are missing.

Posted by Admin on 04-Sep-2012 13:42

Can i simply re-deploy the WAR files? More importantly, can I re-deploy them and do no harm. Maybe it won't fix the problem but will it hurt?

Posted by Admin on 05-Sep-2012 00:44

I believe it should not hurt.

Can you make sure the process executing Tomcat and thus the WAR deployment has full access including write to the entire directory structure where the WAR files are being deployed. I am not entirely sure what these error messages mean but it looks like perhaps Tomcat does not have authority to create necessary directories and/or files.

Hope this helps,

Matt

This thread is closed