Session Problem in Rollbase Portals

Posted by Rollbase User on 28-Jun-2012 22:18

Hi I'm having a problem on the session of Rollbase portals, Sometimes my session expired immediately and I don't know the reason why it happens, I check my codes if there are explicit codes but I didn't see anything that my affect the duration of the session, Can someone help me regarding this issue? What is the exact duration of sessions in Rollbase Portals? Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Jun-2012 22:40

We do not have limits on duration of portal session. What exactly is happening? It would be helpful if you attach screen capture. Also check portal.log (available from Customer View page).

Posted by Admin on 28-Jun-2012 23:36

When I get idle for several minutes(inconsistent issue), When I click on any links from my portal page it goes back to the login page and ask me to log-in again.

Where Can I find the customer view page?

Posted by Admin on 29-Jun-2012 10:55

What's your portal URL? Is your browser accept cookies?

It looks like HTTP session is getting lost.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 21:52

Hi All,

I tested this on Google Chrome, Firefox and IE9. Only Google Chrome was able to keep the session because it does not kill session cookies. Firefox and IE9 lost the session after 1 hour of inactivity.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 22:04

I'll do some investigation.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 22:07

Thanks! \m/

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 23:28

I tried to reproduce the issue, but everything seems to work as expected.

Session cookie is normally set to expire when browser is closed.

Please provide URL to your portal if you need further assistance.

Posted by Admin on 14-Aug-2012 21:24

test

Posted by Admin on 14-Aug-2012 21:46

Ahmm, if there is no issue in rollbase so what are the possible reason why does our session expired as easily?until now my issue is not resolved..hehe!:)

Posted by Admin on 14-Aug-2012 21:47

Hi Pavel,

After logging in the portal, you will be redirected to the view page of the portal user. Wait for an hour without making any action in the page. Then, refresh the page.

Please use firefox/IE to replicate this issue.

Thanks in advance!

**Sorry I can't provide you URLs and SCREENSHOTS. Just found out that there is this getsatisfaction bug which forbids posting of URLS in comments.

Posted by Admin on 14-Aug-2012 21:57

This is good information. One hour sounds suspiciously like the tenant is being unloaded from cache due to non-activity, since 60 minutes is the default setting for the CleanupMins property in shared.properties.

This "CleanupMins" property determines when tenants (i.e. zones) are removed from cache. When this happens all sessions become invalidated because the system assumes this tenant is no longer needed and all sessions are too old to be valid.

You can change this behavior by simply changing the CleanupMins property in shared.properties to a larger value (in minutes).

For more about modifying shared.properties see the section called "Configuration Files" in Chapter 18 of Rollbase In Action:

https://www.rollbase.com/rollbaseinaction.shtml

NOTE #1: Make sure to restart Tomcat after changing this property.

NOTE #2: The longer this setting is set to the longer tenants will remain in memory. Depending on how many tenants you have and their usage, this may either be a non-issue or it may cause

Posted by Admin on 31-Aug-2012 07:46

We've long experienced this same issue. Last night I increased the CleanupMins from 30 to 720 (12 hours). It has not fixed the issue. Any other ideas? Is there any chance we can switch from session cookies to permanent cookies? Or, is the issue the session on the server, not the actual cookie?

Posted by Admin on 03-Sep-2012 12:10

I'll see what I can do.

This thread is closed