On record save in Portal, related record detaches

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Aug-2012 10:19

Generic Example: Object A Object B (many-to-many) Object B records can be created/edited by any portal users On the Object A Edit page (Portal), object selector is used to select related records from Object B. On the Object A View page, the newly attached Object B record shows. If you then choose to Edit the newly attached Object B record, upon save, it detaches the Object A/B records from each other. The Object B changes are saved. This only seems to happen to fiscal agent records that were not created by the current visitor. (yet they have permissions to view, select, edit, etc.) Our specific example: Organizations Fiscal Agents (many orgs to many fiscal agents) Fiscal Agents can be created/viewed/edited by any portal visitor On the Organization Edit page, fiscal agent object selector is used to select one or many fiscal agents related to the Organization. On the Organization view page, you see the newly related Fiscal Agent record. If you choose to Edit the Fiscal Agent record

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 21-Aug-2012 13:47

Anyone?

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 17:13

Pavel?

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 22:54

Hi Parker,

It sounds like something is going on with Organization lookup field or lack thereof on your Organization Edit page. In the page editor can you look at the properties of that lookup field? If you don't find any issues there, maybe you can give me access to take a look (maybe shoot me an email outside of the forum)

Regards,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 31-Aug-2012 08:59

Matt,

You led me in the right direction. I still think this is potentially a bug.

On the edit portal pages for the related objects, the organization lookup was setup as a hidden, use record in scope(required), show record in scope(optional). Although it's a many-many relationship, I noticed it was only showing the organization I was editing from and not the other related organizations. But on save, it removed mine organization from the organization lookup and kept the original related organizations.

This thread is closed