Hosted File 404 Error

Posted by Rollbase User on 30-Aug-2012 16:24

Hi guys - portal related question. I created a Portal on our Hosted Cloud instance. I created it via Setup\Application Setup\Portals. The portal worked fine. But when I "Generate XML" for my App, and install it in a Private Cloud trial I'm playing with, the App installs fine but the Portal does not come over with the App. Within the Hosted Cloud instance of my App and when I click on "Application Settings" I just noticed a Portal attribute (with 0 portals). I had assumed that the Portals I created were part of my App, but I guess they are not. I couldn't find documentation on this, so I tried creating another Portal from within my App, and used Assign Pages to populate it with pages. It seems to work fine, except for Hosted Files. I have a few images that are Hosted Files and I get a 404 Error when the Portal tries to render them. I've looked at the source on the portal page and the correct Hosted File is referenced. Clicking on the link within the HTML produces the 404. I've verified th

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Aug-2012 22:57

Hi John,

You need to assign your Portal to your Application. Portals by default do not get attached to specific Applications when you create them. To assign it to an Application:

1. Go to the Application's details page (Applications Setup > Applications > select your app)

2. Click Edit

3. Scroll down and assign the Portal to your App

====> Now when you publish the app the assigned portal(s) will be included

Regarding the Hosted Files issue, can you submit a support ticket on how to reproduce this in your account and we'll take a look from there?

Regards,

Matt

This thread is closed