CURRENT_USER Does not work properly on Filter Conditions: Fo

Posted by Rollbase User on 10-Aug-2012 00:34

Hi, can someone help me on this issue, I'm trying to create my own filters on list views using filter formula but the CURRENT_USER Property does not work properly, it doesn't show anything on my views. I don't have any issues on portal permission because I've checked all the permission of the portal user. Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 10-Aug-2012 11:17

In your syntax "CURRENT_USER" is a text string.

You probably meant to use template tokens, but they're not available for Filter formulas.

Posted by Admin on 10-Aug-2012 20:25

oh i see..So how can I filter it by PortalUser = Current User?Is there any way to do it on formula Filter?thanks

Posted by Admin on 10-Aug-2012 20:29

Not now, perhaps in the future.

Posted by Admin on 10-Aug-2012 20:36

oh I see..to bad for me..anyway thanks pavel..:)

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 00:16

You could try using a regular view filter > select your portal user as the filter > assign Current Visitor instead.

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 19:21

Yeah I can definitely use that but in this case Default Rollbase filters will not work because I have a lot of conditions and Current Visitor is just one parameter of it. Thanks Sir

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 19:27

What you could probably do is:

- Create a checkbox field that you can use in coherence with the current user filter (regular).

E.g. Field : Viewer? - checkbox

Then create a trigger to populate the checkbox while checking for your conditions.

E.g. Update field value of Viewer checkbox.

Formula Body:

var cond1= (some if statement), cond2 = (some if statement), cond3 = (some if statement), cond4 = (some if statement), cond5 = (some if statement);

return (cond1 && cond2 && cond3 && cond4 && cond5);

This way you'll only be using two filters, one for the checbox, Viewer? is checked, and one for the portal visitor - Portal User == Current visitor.

Hope this helps,

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 12-Aug-2012 19:34

i'll try this one..:))

This thread is closed