Default EDIT page for a List View on a portal page

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Jul-2012 12:38

I have two portal Edit pages for one object. Is there anyway to specify which edit page the List View goes to when they click Edit in the Actions column? I want it to open specific Edit pages based on the List View they are editing from. If not, can you add this as an enhancement? This would really boost the flexibility of Rollbase if you could specify which Edit Object portal (or rollbase) page it opened when the Actions were used.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Jul-2012 13:51

You can assign desired page to Portal Visitor role:

Administration Setup > Roles > Portal Visitor > Pages

Posted by Admin on 22-Jul-2012 16:31

Hello Pavel,

I think Parker wanted to say something else. We have the same problematic here.

When you insert a list in a page on a portal, you can specify which "view page" you go to when you click on a record in the list. But you can not specify the "modify page" you go to when you click on the modify link (Actions column of the list). You have this problem when you have 2 "modify page" for the same object in the same portal.

There is a solution for the view pages but not for the modify pages. I guess this would make sense to add this option.

Matthieu

Posted by Admin on 22-Jul-2012 16:56

Yes. it make sense. I will place this request in a queue. In the mean time you can:

1. Assign View page

2. On View page provide Edit link to desired page.

Posted by Admin on 22-Jul-2012 23:25

Merci Matthieu! - thank you for clarifying! This is exactly what I was asking and requesting.

As a work-around, I have created a template field named Actions on the object and put the correct edit links in the template field. (though having problems with the del link) I added the template field to the List View and removed the default actions.

(also tried rbv_api.deleteRecord(objDefName, objId) and rbf_deleteRecord(objName, id) )

Posted by Admin on 22-Jul-2012 23:26

Oops

Posted by Admin on 27-Jul-2012 07:55

Hello, I'm working with Matthieu Baudin, and we're having the same problem.

Until Rollbase allows us to select the edit page of our choice in a view, you can use the following work around to create your own 'Edit | Delete' links.

Javascript to put on your portal page :

Posted by Admin on 28-Jul-2012 20:03

This new property will be available in the next release (3.7.2)

Posted by Admin on 30-Jul-2012 06:20

Thank you Pavel

Posted by Admin on 04-Aug-2012 13:21

This enhancement is implemented in 3.7.2 release.

Posted by Admin on 06-Aug-2012 04:31

Works great, thank you Pavel.

This thread is closed