Script tags not rendering in portals

Posted by Rollbase User on 11-Jul-2012 10:48

For some reason all

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2012 11:10

I just noticed that a tag messed up my comment. Below is the original:

For some reason all script tags in our script components are no longer rendering for me in Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE. Do you have any idea why?

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2012 13:13

1. Are you using HTML component or Script component?

2. Are you using print-preview page or popup page?

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2012 13:18

I'm using the script components, and I'm logged into the actual portals, which I think is what you mean by popup. I'm not using the print-preview.

Posted by Admin on 11-Jul-2012 13:34

All of a sudden it seems to be working. I don't want to waste your time. I was hoping you had run into this in the past and had a easy solution for me. Forget about it for now. If it happens again, I'll try to figure it out and I'll let you know if I can't. Thanks.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 09:28

Hi Joseph,

I haven't run into this before. However, a couple things you can do if this happens:

1. Check the source of the portal page to make sure your script is there

2. Turn on JS debugging/console and make sure there are no JS errors

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 09:31

Hi Matt,

I'm on a Mac and the script tags do not appear when I view source in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. There are not script errors, because the script tags don't even appear in the source. Oddly enough, the same page works fine in IE8 on Windows XP. This is a strange issue and it came out of nowhere all of a sudden. Anymore tips would be great. Thanks.

Joe

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 10:17

Hi Joe, Can you confirm that you have opening and closing Script tags in your Script component? If they are there but not appearing on the portal page that is strange indeed and something I've never seen. If that is the case we should connect offline so we can login to your environment and take a look.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 10:21

Hi Matt,

Yes, there are definitely closing tags. I've even tried replacing our script with a simple "alert(1);" wrapped within script tags and even it doesn't appear. You can reach me at joseph@gooddonegreat.com.

This thread is closed