Search drop down

Posted by Rollbase User on 01-Sep-2010 17:44

Search drop down at top of screen - is there a way to remove items from that?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Sep-2010 20:43

No, but it only shows objects to which user has full view access.

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2011 01:57

Hi Guys,

It might make sense if we could control which objects appear in the search box. I've removed several objects from the index, because I don't want my users to be able to search in those objects, however they are still think it's possible because the objects appear in the drop-down.

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2011 12:53

What do you mean by "removed several objects from the index" ? I understand the issue, but we need to find the best approach to address it.

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2011 13:00

Also "Search" component can now be hidden - use Account Settings if you wich.

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2011 16:43

Hi Pavel....Sorry, this is what I meant:

We don't want to hide the search box, because we used to search for applications and clients.

However, I don't want users to be able to search 'Application Documents' because these should only be visible by going through the application.

So I went into my 'Application Documents' object and made sure that no fields had the 'Index this field' option. Now it is not possible to search the application documents, which is good. However, it's confusing to the clients that the heading still appears in the drop-down.

I can imagine 2 solutions:

1) Have an object attribute called 'Include this object in search drop-down' OR
2) the system would automatically omit items from the drop-down if there are no fields included in the search index. (may be harder to implement?).

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2011 17:56

OK, that makes sense - we should hide objects without indexable fields.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 09:08

What is the current way to remove or add an object to the search dropdown - I have an object with indexable fields and it is not showing in the users drop down AND they have full view rights.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 10:03

Please make sure that "Dependent" is unchecked for your object.

This thread is closed