Auto Number field does not increment properly for records cr

Posted by Rollbase User on 29-May-2012 04:58

Good Day, The AutoNumber Field in My Application Does not increment properly(I'm referring to the "starting number" field when the autonumber field is edited) if the records were created using data import, this causes error for duplicate entries when the next batch of data will be imported. Also why auto number allows duplicate when two users created a record at the same time? especially if the other user is using data import while the other one is using the Web UI. I've attached some screen shot for reference Hope to receive a solution for this Many Thanks, Ruben Guico Rollbase PH

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2012 11:27

Please provide more info, I do not understand the problem.

1. I can see that auto-numbers in imported records are incremented.

2. Please use "no duplicates" setting on auto-number fields to avoid duplications.

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2012 21:40

The auto number increments but not consistently as you can see in the screen shot

the maximum member ID number is 3592 while the reference starting number in the next screen shot is still on 3255 which will affect the next batch of import, from our test runs yesterday it seems this problem occur when we import 500 rows of records and above as the reference starting number stop to increment. By the way you can check the screen shot it already shows that the "Do not allow duplicate" is already enabled

Hope this information helps,

Many Thanks

Ruben Guico

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2012 22:13

Here's an additional screen shot for reference...

Posted by Admin on 29-May-2012 23:17

I'll see what I can do. In the mean time fix starting number so new records will have correct values.

Posted by Admin on 08-Jun-2012 00:39

Any updates in this issue?

Posted by Admin on 08-Jun-2012 10:15

The fix will be released tomorrow.

Posted by Admin on 09-Jun-2012 13:28

Fixed.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 02:01

Thanks, I'll test this right away

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 02:38

I've tested it, but still having problems in import using bulk method, for normal its working fine. Thanks

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 03:17

Hi All,

Any update on the issue regarding import using bulk method?

Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 12-Jul-2012 09:58

Please try with 3.6.9 release.

This thread is closed