Two important questions

Posted by Rollbase User on 01-Jul-2012 08:29

Two questions 1. Can I use values (UserName) of User Object as picklist values 2. Is it possible to define a button then put it into top bar (the place default button like:Edit/delete located. (this is very important, because it very unlikely a view page only can Edit and delete, we sometimes need to add extra function for it)

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Jul-2012 11:40

1. You can render lookup fields as picklists. You can also use values from related records (like UserName) in templates. What's your business case?

2. Enable Workflow attribute on your object. Than define some workflow actions (change status, send email etc). On Actions you'll have an option to render them as buttons.

Or you can define arbitrary HTML template, which may include buttons.

Posted by Admin on 01-Jul-2012 12:09

Answered

Posted by Admin on 02-Jul-2012 06:55

Appreciate the answer, it is really helpful.

The reason why I require to make a user picklist is sometimes we need to create Object like "Sales Opportunities", and for each record, we like to assign a User

as a person who response for that case.

Regarding the question2, I did what you suggested, however. after I created workflow action, it seems they just can not be put into button bar (For example: the

bar has Save, Save$New and Cancel button for edit page.

The reason I need this ability is we usually need to add extra functions to a page, for example:

after user opened account, at view page, we'd like him to be able to click a button called "Emulator", then we need to open a new page contain a applet which

accept some values as parameter from current account.

You know, salesforce allow user to extend button bar for every pages, I really think this is a very important feature for us because we are not just want to build

a simple app, but a fairly complicated app with a lot of extra work.

Posted by Admin on 02-Jul-2012 12:58

To answer to your questions:

I know that Salesforce allows any buttons to be added, but I don't know what do they do. Run script? You can easily create this type of HTML components by adding HTML template to your page:

Rollbase Actions have option "Render as a Button" – may be you've missed it?

1. We have HTTP POST (SOAP) triggers which can perform SOAP call and analyze result

2. No, we do not provide a way to extend field's look-and-feel, may do it in the future. However Skype adds icons on every page, so this should not be a problem.

3. Make sure you have "many" cardinality on User side – edit Relationship.

4. You can use empty HTML component as placeholder. Also use one column section without border.

5. As for background and foreground – we'll discuss this with PM team.

6. If you need advanced chart features I suggest to use Google charts in HTML template.

7. I'll add an option to run reports immediately – check in the next release

This thread is closed