document templates in is managed environment

Posted by Rollbase User on 22-Jun-2012 04:28

How do you attach templates on Document Template field type on a Is Managed approach? After deployment using Is managed , we found out that document template data type has no content. How do we deal with this?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 22-Jun-2012 11:25

Document Template field attaches any available document template to the record. Are you talking about seed records? This will be addressed in the next release.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2012 22:43

Sorry but the templates that we used in Document Template field did not attach. I can send the XML if you like.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2012 23:13

Please explain so I would understand the problem.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jun-2012 23:49

When we created a Document Template field type, we attached an application form (found in the drop down list) in the "Default Template" field. Hit Save. We then created a button called "View Application Form" that has a script that will call the document template "Application Form".

We generated an XML and clicked "is managed". Deployed the XML to the new zone. When we started testing and clicked the "View Application Form" button, it did not show any form because the document template is blank. The default template field that was supposed to have an assigned document template was set to blank.

Posted by Admin on 25-Jun-2012 11:56

So you're talking about "Default Template" property? Or about Seed records installed as a part of application?

Posted by Admin on 25-Jun-2012 12:10

It's the "Default Template" property not being set.

Not seed records generating templates I believe.

Records created in the new zone in turn do not have templates.

Since it is managed they cannot edit.

Posted by Admin on 25-Jun-2012 21:44

Martin is right. It is not the seed records. We can't edit the "default template" after deployment since it is Is Managed .

Posted by Admin on 26-Jun-2012 11:28

Please try the latest binaries (updated on 6/25/12) - the problem should be fixed.

This thread is closed