Issue with Actions column on a list view

Posted by Rollbase User on 14-Jun-2012 13:34

I have a list view of related records on a portal View page. There are several list views for several related objects on this same portal page. On one of the related object list views, the edit link is not showing up in the actions column. Really with the appropriate permissions set, the actions column is not showing up at all. I have changed MANY things in testing. 1) I re-created the relationships with the parent objects 2) Created a new view (portal visitor has view permissions and actions is turned on) 3) Removed the list view from the portal page and added it back 4) Opened up the permissions on the child object. Basically I gave every role - all permission. 5) I have compared all object settings, relationships, permissions with the related objects that do have the actions column showing. Could it be something with the object creation? Help!!!

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 13:38

I would like to add that I can use the portal link to the Edit page for the related object in question to edit, save, etc. so obviously my permissions allow me this functionality.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 13:57

Please try my test portal

https://www.rollbase.com/prod1/portal/portal.jsp?c=7888991&p=51618678&g=51618680

You can see that Edit and Del links are there and work as expected.

Please verify that you have created Edit page - otherwise system cannot construct a link.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 14:30

Yes, I have created an edit page and am able to access it via a portal link. My problem here is that I am unable to see Edit on the Actions column on the Related Records list view. (only on one of 5 related objects. the rest are correct)

I do have the correct permissions, as I am able to edit via a link.

This issue is related to one object.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 14:33

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 14:34

You can see from these two screen shots, one list view has an Edit and the other does not. They have the exact same relationships, permissions, etc. These are located on the same page.

I have created portal Add/Edit/View for both related objects.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 16:06

Please make sure that 'Show "Actions" column in this view' is checked for your View.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 23:11

Yes, of course it is.

Posted by Admin on 14-Jun-2012 23:12

Pavel, I promise I do not post questions here until I have tried everything.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:01

I'm out of ideas, perhaps Matt can figure this out.

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:03

Parker,

Could you give me an account, i'll take a look at your portal setup.

email me at mpiscoso@rollbase.ph

Piscoso,Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 00:07

Additionally,

Is the EFNH Details a generic page? Or might it be a related list view?

Could you kindly check if you create a generic page and place the list view of EFNH Details there, would the actions come out? If this is the case, it might be because it is a related list view

- Just a hunch.

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 10:02

Hi Parker,

It sounds like you may have already looked for this but just need to make sure: Can you verify in the Portal Visitor has "Edit" permissions on the EFNH object?

If this or Martin's suggestion doesn't shed any light on the issue, perhaps we can connect outside of the forum to login to your system and take a look?

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 12:20

Matt and Martin,

Thanks for responding. Matt, it might require us to hook up offline to look at. Since we are a private cloud version, I am not sure how to give a login to one of our customer zones.

I did also create a generic portal page and add the EFNH list view to that page. I see all records created but no Edit link.

I actually gave all roles full permissions to everything. When I do that the actions column shows up but edit does not.

Permissions:

Portal Page:

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 12:54

OK one more thing to verify before we dive into accessing your environment: Can you verify that you have a Portal page in this portal of type "Edit Object" for the EFNH object? If there is no Edit page for EFNH records in the portal, the Edit link may not appear.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 20:20

I do have an Add/Edit/View Object pages for the EFNH object. I am able to actually edit the record when I access it from the portal link that I placed on the View Object page. I do have an Edit EFNH Details portal link just not the Edit link in the Actions column!

Thanks for continuing to help!

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 21:45

Hi,

Judging from this Screenshot >> https://d37wxxhohlp07s.cloudfront.net/s3_images/751399/Screen%20Shot%202012-06-15%20at%201.17.13%20PM_inline.png?1339780775

Might EFNH Details and EFNH Application Details be of different objects?

Is this already the generic page containing an unfiltered list view?

Apart from permissions, is the "Organization" attribute enabled for the object? (have to confirm if this might affect anything).

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 15-Jun-2012 22:55

Good eye Martin. Parker do you happen to have two objects that start with "EFNH"?

If this isn't the issue, can you contact us directly at support@rollbase.com and perhaps set up an account in your Private Cloud Master, or in that particular tenant, that we can login to?

Matt

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2012 14:58

Unfortunately, I do not have two objects that start with EFNH. The actual object is named EFNH Details. The view is just named EFNH Application Details.

I have 4 related objects that are setup exactly the same way. (as far as I can tell) and this is the only one behaving like this in the portal.

I added support@rollbase.com to this customer zone.

You can email me directly at parker@gooddonegreat.com

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2012 23:49

Thanks Parker, we've received the login info and I will connect with you via email to take this further. For others following this thread we'll post the results here once we are done.

This thread is closed