User Role did not update when non-admin users update the use

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Mar-2012 03:47

Good Day, In my application it has role with access on the user object where it can create and edit user records as well assign and manage user roles. When Creating "New User" Using the "Non-Admin" Account it can assign the user role properly but when editing an existing user record even the user role "picklist" can be changed in the edit page; upon saving it did not update the changes in the user role. Please use the screenshots as reference. Many Thanks, Ruben Guico Rollbase PH

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 10:12

Rollbase users cannot assign their own roles. You have to find a different way. Try triggers or API.

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 18:45

We we're trying to edit another user and not his own account. I tried server side methods setfieldvalue, updaterecord and did not work, this is within object scripts. Tried verbose on update return is role >> null, even with valid role ID. Tried update field value trigger type and did not work as well, we already have a plan in place, we just need the api calls to work, or better to be able to update user records directly except for his own account. :-) hope you can guide us with the proper methods.

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase ph

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 21:44

OK, I'll put this on my table.

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2012 05:20

Any Updates on this one? Thanks

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2012 09:59

It works fine. Do you still see any issues?

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2012 22:26

Thanks, it works now just didn't get any updates, Thanks for this

Posted by Admin on 18-Jun-2012 22:57

Marking as solved

This thread is closed