Problem with Conversion Map

Posted by Rollbase User on 01-Jun-2012 17:55

I have a conversion map that is not populating two of the fields specified in the mapping. The two fields are both picklist fields. One is a standard picklist. I have made sure the values, integration codes, order of values, etc. are exactly the same. The fields are even named the same on both objects. (Type of Support) The other is the Workflow Status. I have this set to Default value for the mapping. They are the last two sets of fields in the mapping. The only thing I can come up with that might be preventing these values from populating: The Workflow Status was not populating with drop-down values when opening the page so we have a script (per your suggestion) to populate the picklist.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Jun-2012 18:15

Fields may be named the same, but if they belong to different objects they're still different, unless you're using pickilsts with shared source.

However let me have a second look into this.

Posted by Admin on 01-Jun-2012 20:39

Just to clarify - I am mapping a field called Type of Support to another called Type of Support and I am mapping Workflow Status to Default.

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2012 11:59

Pavel, any updates on this issue?

Posted by Admin on 12-Jun-2012 13:25

I verified and conversion works just fine. If you're converting picklist and integration name (or name) of item is the same, value will be converted.

Posted by Admin on 13-Jun-2012 14:00

The issue I originally reported is the conversion map is NOT converting values. This must be a bug of some sort because the parent field and the child field are the same type of field (picklist), have the same exact values (including picklist value integration codes) and they just happen to be named the same thing.

So, at this point, I do not have resolution to this problem.

Posted by Admin on 13-Jun-2012 17:35

Parker,

The two fields you are talking about, even though being both picklists are actually different fields since they are not "shared" picklists. If you try and check their ID values they have different IDs.

You can try this below:

- From object A Create a Template field, in the formula body place your picklist's code i.e {!picklistA#code}

- On object B Create a Text field to hold the Template Text's content.

- On object A's Data map, map the Template to the Text Field on object B.

- On object B Add a trigger which will update Picklist B's value using the content in the text field. e.g update field value trigger type or setFieldValue / updateRecord API (do not specify any trigger timing but deploy this trigger).

- On object A AFTER your Create New Record trigger, add a Run Related Triggers which will fire on Object B. Select your newly created trigger so that it will run after a new record has been created.

Let me know if this works/does not work so I can further help you out.

Although in

Posted by Admin on 13-Jun-2012 22:45

Yes, shared picklist values would help, but as I said before conversion by integration code should work fine as well.

Please submit support request on rollbase.com or create temporary admin account for me so I could take a look.

This thread is closed