Validation of File Upload fields (and other field types)

Posted by Rollbase User on 31-May-2012 21:30

We are using javascript for field-level validation on our portal pages. Do you have any examples of validation of the existence of a file/image upload? I am also trying to get help on validating these types of fields: 1) Group of checkboxes (at minimum one selection) 2) Radio buttons (at minimum one selection) 3) Related records have been added to a related (child) object (Note: I am not the programmer who will be working on this but trying to facilitate getting it done!) Thanks, Parker

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 01-Jun-2012 10:33

Try make these fields "required" - this would be enough for 1 and 2. Not sure about 3 - if user selects related record, it exists.

Posted by Admin on 01-Jun-2012 14:29

Thanks Pavel - Don't think that will work for us.

1) and 2) We really can't use Required fields as these pages contain a lot of fields and will be saved and returned to often. We want them to be able to save but not "Submit" without these items. It might take them days to weeks to complete the form. Our javascript validates most of the field types and dynamically presents a list to them of what is missing on the page.

3) We need to validate that user actually created a related record (like a budget line item) before they are allowed to "Submit"

Posted by Admin on 01-Jun-2012 18:13

We do the same but on server side - validation presents user a list of missed items.

I don't think that you can create related records before creating main record.

This thread is closed