Uploaded files does not reflect on the parent object summary

Posted by Rollbase User on 16-May-2012 20:49

I've uploaded data on the overtime object it loaded properly but I'm encountering 2 unusual behavior. First the record name does not capture the assigned token to it. It only displays the word "overtime", it should be the employee name. Another problem is in the parent object (Payroll Entries) the overtime amount should accumulate but the overtime summary is always zero. But when I edited the overtime the record name now reflects the employee name and the summary of overtime is now computed in the payroll entries. Before the upgrade we didn't encounter this problem. Hope you could provide a solution on this. Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 16-May-2012 21:43

Did you do spreadsheet import?

Posted by Admin on 16-May-2012 21:45

Yes its in excel format

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 00:15

And what type is "overtime summary" field? How it is supposed to be populated?

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 00:18

overtime summary field is a decimal. It is being populated by a trigger upon creation/update in the overtime object

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 10:00

Can you forward me email you received after import along with spreadsheet (short) you have used? Also login info would help.

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 17:54

It looks like you were using "Bulk" upload. In this case triggers do not run and template is not processed. Please use "Normal" upload.

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 20:46

I'm using the normal upload because the data being loaded is less than 10 rows. We're using a private cloud. I'll inform first my superior if I could give you access to the payroll system. Here's the email and the excel screenshot for overtime

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 22:44

I don't really need access to your payroll system :)

I'll try to reproduce the case in my test environment when time permits.

Posted by Admin on 17-May-2012 23:04

Import works as expected:

- record name template is populated

- "on create" triggers populate fields

Posted by Admin on 18-May-2012 04:23

Hi Pavel,

Our devs made the adjustments in the triggers and it's now working fine. Thanks for the prompt reply

This thread is closed