SOAP API THROUGH EXCEL.... I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Sep-2010 09:39

I cannot log in through login SOAP API using my username and password in MS Excel using web reference... Error shown : Cannot find username "username"..... This is weird because I can login thru the rollbase website with the same username and password

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Sep-2010 10:25

Rollbase does not have error message "Cannot find username.." This must be something else.
Try REST instead of SOAP.

Posted by Admin on 20-Sep-2010 19:09

Sir I followed the instructions based on Rollbase pdf document SOAP samples. I would like to explore the SOAP first sir because we would more likely use a .NET based web service to communicate with Rollbase (if possible).

Thank you very much sir for your quick reply

Posted by Admin on 20-Sep-2010 22:13

That PDF document is obsolete. Please check out Chapter 15 "Rollbase in Action"

Posted by Admin on 22-Sep-2010 08:35

I read the new document ( Chapter 15) ... the pdf and chapter 15 refers to the same URL for the rollbase WSDL and same API function for login. This is where the problem occurs, when I am trying to log in. I added the wsdl url of rollbase as web reference in Visual Studio then I tried to login using the API function but the error appears. I tested my user id and it worked fine in the web(rollbase) but failed when I used it as web reference in .NET. I was hoping that after calling the login it would response with session id but every time i try it shows the error. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Posted by Admin on 22-Sep-2010 09:45

I know almost nothing about .NET and cannot help with this. May be somebody else on this forum can.

Posted by Admin on 28-Sep-2010 21:12

Hi Guys, I'm also interested in .NET if you have any luck. A friend of mine tried to use SOAP with rollbase from .NET and also had problems. He ended up giving up, but we will have the need to access our data from .NET soon. Let me know if you have success with it. Thanks, Matt.

Posted by Admin on 29-Sep-2010 09:13

We have successfully logged in and returned the session id upon calling the login api. I'll update you for further development Matt

Posted by Admin on 15-Oct-2010 01:50

Hi Edvel...did you have any further success with this?

Posted by Admin on 27-Feb-2012 03:05

I have tried logging using Evaluation copy of rollbase, but when used to a private cloud It cant login.

Posted by Admin on 27-Feb-2012 11:59

Please provide more details. What exactly you're trying to do?

Posted by Admin on 11-Apr-2012 03:29

Get list of records from Rollbase, and use it as references for shapping data from an external application, TimeKeeping. Employee list and Shifts is on Rollabase and Time In and Out is from external application. I cant Log and get a session Id from Rollbase to do this. Any news about this?

Posted by Admin on 11-Apr-2012 03:30

Get list of records from Rollbase, and use it as references for shapping data from an external application, TimeKeeping. Employee list and Shifts is on Rollabase and Time In and Out is from external application. I cant Log and get a session Id from Rollbase to do this. Any news about this?

Posted by Admin on 11-Apr-2012 03:32

Posted by Admin on 11-Apr-2012 16:11

Hi Cesar, Can you provide more details? Are you using an API to try to authenticate? If so which one and which language are you using to do so? Can you post sample code you are using to do this?

Posted by Admin on 15-May-2012 20:01

Sorry for the late reply, I'm using C# and visual studio 2008,

1. First Configure service reference

2. After configuring Service Reference, you can now use WebService Client, to connect to RB.

3. Using the binding declared above you can now Login/Logout to RB, or createArray, selectQuery etc.. use all the RB API Commands

Posted by Admin on 15-May-2012 22:49

Rollbase uses "Literal" type for WSDL encoding. Please check if your environment supports this encoding.

This thread is closed