Rollbase Architecture related queries

Posted by Rollbase User on 05-May-2012 21:37

I have the following Queries: 1. How to Hide certain fields on the pgae based on some condition? 2. How to store values in temporary variables in memory so that inter page communication can be done? Any option of scope variables? 3. How to handle the Record Name field that is created automatically? What is the use of this? What if I dont want to use it or need to calculate its value automatically? 4. Can I use Java code in Rollbase?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 05-May-2012 22:02

1. Try to group fields to be conditionally hidden in sections and use client-side API (Chapter 7).

2. Use fields which can be easily added to objects.

3. Use naming template or trigger which will set record's name (or any other field)

4. Yes you can - in Private Cloud edition

Posted by Admin on 05-May-2012 22:08

Hi,

I have some cross queries:

2. Can not understand this. Please explain and refer to the book also.

3. What if I leave it blank and remove from the page as well? How to remove it from the view and show the link on any other column to open the record in edit mode.

4. What are the pricing options for Private Cloud edition?

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 11:31

2. We can provide client-side API which will store and retrieve values - similar to "shared values" API available for triggers.

3. This does not sound like a question.

4. https://www.rollbase.com/pricing.shtml

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 11:51

Let me reword the Query 3

3. While creating any Object, a field is created with the type of Record Name. Sometimes this kind of field is not needed. So I can remove it from the Record Creation page. Now I also want to remove it from the view. But when I remove it from the view, it says that the link to open the corresponding record will be removed from the view. What should be done to remove this field and still have that link to open the corresponding record?

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 12:03

Got it. Use Template field and use "View record aaa" template token in it.

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 12:04

Can not understand.I am new to Rollbase. Only 2 week's exp.

Posted by Admin on 06-May-2012 13:14

Please check Chapter 2 and Chapter 6 for more info.

Posted by Admin on 07-May-2012 02:02

Please provide the below API:

2. We can provide client-side API which will store and retrieve values - similar to "shared values" API available for triggers.

Posted by Admin on 07-May-2012 11:23

This will be done in the next release (later this month).

This thread is closed