Status Dropdown Not Populating

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Apr-2012 07:43

The status dropdown is not populating correctly between the clicking the edit button that appears next to the status field when you hover over it, and when you actually go to the record to edit it and attempt to change the status there. To be specific, trying to edit the status from the view page doesn't work because no status options appear at all.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Apr-2012 07:44

To be more clear, the first sentence is describing the problems on the view record page.

Posted by Admin on 02-Apr-2012 17:10

May. Be a bug, please submit support request to follow up.

Posted by Admin on 04-May-2012 09:54

I have this same issue. The scenario is that we use the Data Map to create a new Object record. When the new Object page opens, the Process is populated correctly, but no drop down Status is available.

If I toggle the Process to another picklist selection, and then reselect the first Process option, the Status picklist will be populated.

It is hard to explain to a client why they would need to toggle back and forth between the Processes to get the Status picklist to populate.

Has this been addressed?

Posted by Admin on 04-May-2012 10:21

Earl - you might try firing the onchange event on page load. If reselecting the workflow process repopulates the status, that must be happening when the onchange event fires. For example:

function fireEvent(element,event){

if (document.createEventObject){

// dispatch for IE

var evt = document.createEventObject();

return element.fireEvent('on'+event,evt)

}

else{

// dispatch for firefox + others

var evt = document.createEvent("HTMLEvents");

evt.initEvent(event, true, true ); // event type,bubbling,cancelable

return !element.dispatchEvent(evt);

}

}

fireEvent (document.theForm.elements.process, 'change');

If I'm right, putting that in the onload for your page should trigger population of the workflow status on page load.

Probably Rollbase will fix it, but it might be a good shim to get it working right away.

Best,

Nathan

Posted by Admin on 04-May-2012 10:28

Please submit support request so I could take a closer look at your problem.

There is no need to fire HTML events since drop-down must be populated correctly when page is rendered.

Posted by Admin on 04-May-2012 12:41

Hi,

This might be a shot in the dark, but from the parent object creating the child record which has problems, you'll have your createRecord trigger which creates the record, after that trigger, try adding another trigger with type update field value, select the child object and then select the workflow process field, then in the code body, leave it blank. Hopefully it simulates creating a record through the new page and might trigger the population of the status picklist.

hopefully this works,

Piscoso, Martin

Rollbase

This thread is closed