Filtering the selections for a limited lookup field?

Posted by Rollbase User on 26-Apr-2012 05:27

Hi - Is there a way to control the filtering and sorting of selections for a lookup field that is limited via the Main Lookup and Link Lookup function? Here's a little about what I'm building: I have employees, time sheets, and "worked time" records. When entering a worked time, I have it set up so you select Employee and Time Sheet. Time sheet is limited based on employee - so you can only select time sheets of the selected employee. Here's what I'm seeing: When I select an employee, the time sheet picklist is limited to only the time sheets of that employee. That's as I was expecting. However, it shows all time sheets for that employee. I have a Default List View configured and selected for the time sheet lookup. The view limits the list to only open sheets, and sorts it correctly. But that filtering and sorting is not applying to the time sheet lookup. If I unlimit the Time Sheet lookup (unlink it from the employee lookup), then the filtering and sorting do apply as I was expecting. What I'd reall

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 26-Apr-2012 12:20

Consider using rbf_setLookupFilter for regular lookup fields instead of having dependent lookup fields.

Posted by Admin on 27-Apr-2012 00:28

Hey Pavel,

Ah, that's great! I don't see it in my print copy of the book, but I see it in the latest PDF. I'll give it a try. Thanks for that.

Nathan

Posted by Admin on 27-Apr-2012 11:32

From next release dependent picklists can be rendered by using pop-up selector window. This way you could apply View for selected records.

Posted by Admin on 27-Apr-2012 11:43

Good deal!

This thread is closed