Import Tasks

Posted by Rollbase User on 19-Apr-2010 14:21

Hi. Is there anyway to import tasks and activities?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 19-Apr-2010 15:16

Use "Import" menu - like for any other object. If you don't see this menu, create Object type menu for your tasks - that will come with sub-menu.

Posted by Admin on 20-Apr-2010 09:08

Hi Pavel - sorry wasn't being clear. Is it possible to import data into the communications log?

Posted by Admin on 20-Apr-2010 15:15

I never did this, but should be possible the same way as any other import.

Posted by Admin on 06-Apr-2012 05:28

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to import data into the Communications Log as well.

Seems to be an issue with the (Parent Object) Related To field. Despite the fact that I am assigning a related object to the import, the import error is always:

Import error: Use Page Editor to add 'Related To' field to this page

Also, the 'Related To' field is already on every page.

Anyone else able to do this successfully?

Posted by Admin on 10-Apr-2012 03:29

The system cannot find id of parent record in your import data. Please correct the problem.

Posted by Admin on 11-Apr-2012 05:15

You are correct in that the system cannot find the id of the parent record.

The problem is that for the Communication Log specifically, there is no ability to identify the Parent Record in the Import Screen.

So, my question is simply: "Can the import be done in the Communication Log?"

I can import any other type of object. However, in the Communication Log, the Parent Record (Field label "Related To") does not show up.

These communication logs are called "notes" in Zoho. We are trying to import all of them into the communication log in Rollbase. All notes are related to another table in Zoho (Account, Lead, Opportunity, Contact, etc). So, in Rollbase we have tried to map the Related Object to the note. However, none of these "related objects" are the "parent record".

Is it possible to import to the Communication Log, or is there something unique about this object?

Posted by Admin on 11-Apr-2012 16:41

It looks like this object definition is broken. Please submit suport request if you're using rollbase.com

This thread is closed