Change CSS Themes in Rollbase

Posted by Rollbase User on 04-Apr-2012 11:58

Rollbase comes with a set of CSS themes that look like they are ready for use. How do we change between these CSS themes?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Apr-2012 17:02

USA "account settings" link to switch to different CSS. If you upload hoster file with CSS extension you can use it as well.

Posted by Admin on 04-Apr-2012 17:15

Pavel is correct -- I think the iOS auto-correct made some changes to his text:

"USA" should be "use"

"hoster" should be "hosted"

Martin has it, for details see:

-- the section called "Using Hosted Files" in Chapter 12

-- the section called "Account Settings" in Chapter 14

Basically the process is to create your custom CSS, upload it as a Hosted File, and then apply it in your Account Settings

There is also another forum topic on this here:

https://getsatisfaction.com/rollbase/topics/custom_theme_for_rollbase

Posted by Admin on 09-Apr-2012 12:34

You'll have to forgive me, as this is my first time using JSP. I am familiar with CSS, HTML, jquery and some javascript, but this is definitely new (to me, at least). I've read through the documentation and tried to find these precise links, but the only thing I can find that is similar is under Administration Setup >> Account Administration >> Settings. This is very confusing.

Posted by Admin on 09-Apr-2012 12:42

Nick,

Are you using Hosted Cloud or Private Cloud.

To get to Account Settings, go to Setup > Administration Setup > Account Settings. The sections mentioned above in Chapter 12 and Chapter 14 have details on how to customize your CSS:

-- the section called "Using Hosted Files" in Chapter 12

-- the section called "Account Settings" in Chapter 14

Basically the process is to create your custom CSS, upload it as a Hosted File, and then apply it in your Account Settings.

If you are still having trouble can you post the exact steps you are following and we can help clarify?

Regards,

Matt

Posted by Admin on 09-Apr-2012 12:55

I was informed by our IT guys that we are using Private Cloud. Rollbase is installed on our own servers.

Rollbase came pre-installed with alternate CSS skin themes (bluetheme.css, purpletheme.css, cyantheme.css, etc.) and I would like to try those themes out, but I don't know how to 'call' them from the administration settings.

Currently, I am using the 'browntheme.css' that seems to be the base template, and I'm just changing the colors and other variables within that CSS file to display the skin, but it's a bit tedious. That's why I was wondering if there was a way to show something like a dropdown menu of all the installed themes, then select and update the theme with a simple click.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Posted by Admin on 09-Apr-2012 13:04

Hi Nick,

The issue is that you are logged into the Master zone - this is the central management zone (in Rollbase Private Cloud) where you can create and manage tenants, monitor server components, etc, but the intention is application development happens in Customer zones. You can certainly do app development in the Master zone but you don't get "Account Settings" there, that is only available in Customer zones (i.e. tenants)

Typically you'll want to create a Customer zone for each distinct app you develop. You can do this by going to the "System Console" app, click on the Customers tab and create a new Customer. This will send the assigned admin user an email with login info to that new zone. Login to that zone and you can do you development there, access Account Settings as described above, and publish your app to install into other zones.

Hope this helps. Meanwhile we should clarify in the docs that Account Settings does not apply to the Master zone

Matt

This thread is closed