Creating Communication Log from Email

Posted by Rollbase User on 05-Apr-2012 08:37

Hi I am having trouble at the moment attaching an email to an object record. I do the following 1. select the email from the inbox display 2. click the "Communication Log" button at the top of the email 3. choose "Select from list" in the popup window 4. change the "Look in" selection to an object called Project The initial list appears, but there are no links to be able to select the record. The problem is NOT that the record selector field is not displayed, it is and in fact the list view being used is the same one that I use elsewhere to actually open a project. The record selector field is there, but it is just text, not a link. Also, if I change the view using the view selector, other lists return empty (and in fact the ajax xml returned is Looking in the main.log file for the customer zone, shows the following every time: [2012-04-05 23:27:28,113] ===> Error in thread TP-Processor3 at 05/04/2012 23:27: AJAX Error cmd=listData [2012-04-05 23:27:28,113] java.lang.NullP

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 05-Apr-2012 17:38

Hi Fil,

I've logged a Bug for you on this issue.

Are you using Hosted Cloud or Private Cloud? If Hosted Cloud can you email us your login name? (you can email this info to support@rollbase.com or info@rollbase.com)

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by grosener@dmsi.com on 19-Apr-2014 10:09

What was the deployed fix for this?  We have a Case object with the same problem that we had to write a trigger on to populate the Case's primary contact's email.   Once populated, the case had a link and is selectable.  Is there an alternative solution?

Also, does anyone know what the trick is to get a new object to show up in the Look in list?

This thread is closed