Summary Report with Cross Tabs

Posted by Rollbase User on 30-Mar-2012 11:49

I need to create a summary report that looks like the format below.....what is the best method to use to achieve? (it would also be great to have the ability to drill down on any of the sales totals...to see the details) First Quarter Sales Summary Report January February March Totals Account A $1,000 $2,000 $1,500 $4,500 Account B $2,000 $1,000 $1,000 $4,000 Account C $1,000 $2,000 $1,500 $4,500 $4,000 $5,000 $4,000 $13,000 Thanks

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Mar-2012 22:12

I am not sure if you have experimented with custom JavaScript reports but this can certainly be built with that -- though it necessarily involves coding it yourself. There is no purely UI-driven way to achieve the above but you can with custom JavaScript.

I know that a number of our partners have built custom JS reports along these lines with drill-down, and perhaps they can chime in here with an example.

Meanwhile I suggest starting with the "JavaScript Reports" section in Chapter 5 here:

https://www.rollbase.com/rollbaseinaction.shtml

Posted by Admin on 01-Apr-2012 19:39

Hi,

Apart from JS Reports as Matt suggested, you can also create an HTML report or an excel based template report.

Judging from the look of your report you need tabular data which can be created using the three HTML, JS and Excel templates.

You can also use other template types if you'd like, personally I like HTML better than JS since you can customize the look and feel =P

Utilize the LOOP.begin and LOOP.end tokens in the dropdown selector of your object to loop through data and place them in your template.

Ex:

Hope this helps,

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase

Posted by Admin on 01-Apr-2012 19:41

Drill down can be achieved by adding custom JS to your td contents in my example above.

Ex.

Maybe something to that effect.

Don't have a complete example readily avail but I hope you get the gist of it =)

This thread is closed