"Users" title missing throughout system

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Mar-2012 13:13

Kind of a weird one: we just installed a fresh environment/fresh db over the past weekend and noticed today that the Users tabs throughout the system are not displaying the name and seem to be disconnected from the page. We did add the users object to a tab within our application but did not delete or alter anything elsewhere; it was just added in a new tab. Here's where's it's missing:  and  Within the application

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 13:27

Please try edit "Users" tab and make sure it has a name. I'll double check installation XMLs.

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 13:33

There's nothing to click on to get to Users itself so I clicked on New User underneath. When I try to edit the Tab Definition of the tab, I'm getting an error:

If I go to the parent (Site Administration) and look at the defined tabs there, it doesn't display anything for the Users tab:

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 15:24

I'll take a look ASAP.

Posted by Admin on 20-Mar-2012 15:47

In the mean time you can just create a new object type of type "User".

Posted by Admin on 21-Mar-2012 13:40

We still have the User object in the objects list, it's just not showing the title on the menus/tabs and the main page doesn't appear.

This might provide more insight as to what caused it: last night, I deleted the "Calendar" sub-tab on the Home tab as I wanted the calendar control on this page and it wasn't an option on the left. I recreated a new tab under Home called "Calendar" as a generic page. Now "Meetings" is acting the same way as "Users" in that there's no title anywhere else it was referenced.

Posted by Admin on 21-Mar-2012 14:04

Thanks for your info, I'll do my best to fix the problem.

However some action on your side will be needed anyway. You can try:

1. Re-create "Users" tab (use "New Tab" link)

2. Re-install "Rollbase" application using app1_rb.xml which is part of Private Cloud distribution.

Posted by Admin on 22-Mar-2012 08:35

I was able to recreate the Users tab but we still have the "blank" tab appearing that we are unable to delete wherever Users was previously showing up.

Also, when I tried to re-install the Rollbase application, I got an error after clicking update:

com.rb.core.data.a73: Cannot find page definition with id 12216

at com.rb.core.ui.web.a323.create(a323.java:249)

at p0.a39.createPage(a39.java:767)

at p0.a39.createPageDef(a39.java:736)

at p0.a39.install(a39.java:242)

at p5.a121.appFromXML(a121.java:129)

at p5.a153.dispatch(a153.java:64)

at org.apache.jsp.setup.applications_jsp._jspService(applications_jsp.java:96)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:388)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)

a

Posted by Admin on 22-Mar-2012 11:40

This will be addressed in the next release, thanks for your info.

This thread is closed