rest api and relationships

Posted by Rollbase User on 13-Mar-2012 22:25

Hi I am creating a record using the REST API call create2. The record is created fine, but a trigger that is set to "After Create" doesn't seem to work. However, when I log in as the user used for the REST call, they can run the trigger and it works fine: - I have an "Attach Related Record" trigger which attaches a record but also updates a text field. - After the REST API call has been performed and the record is created, the text field is seen to be updated correctly by the trigger but the related record is not attached. - If I logon as the same user that was used to do the REST API call, that user can run the trigger "manually" and it works fine - ie the related record is attached correctly. I should add that establishing relationships at the time of create works, except in this case. The related object is a user/portal user object. Any ideas? Move to SOAP? Fil

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 14-Mar-2012 12:14

REST API runs triggers the same way as regular UI. However if you created/modified triggers (fields etc) these changes may not immediately affect REST (As well as SOAP) server.

Try to unload customer from Customer View page on Master Server if you need immediate propagation of your recent changes.

This thread is closed