With Error Normal Mode Importation Emails "Created Reco

Posted by Rollbase User on 08-Mar-2012 02:13

I've created a validation trigger to validate importation data. Then test it with Normal mode Importation. Then I received an email saying: Created records: 1 Number of errors: 1 But upon checking on the object's list view, there was not a created record. I think it should be "Created records: 0".

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 08-Mar-2012 11:41

Please try importing in test mode. Also make sure you view does not include filters which may hide records.

Posted by Admin on 11-Mar-2012 18:54

Hi Pavel,

I was testing with Herbs on this one using the .com instance, we used the 'test' mode and 1/2 records were saved with the same test result log,

Created records:1

Number of errors:1

Then we did a 'normal' run which yielded the same result set but no records were saved.

Just for reference, it is a validation trigger which is blocking the import. Also, we are using a filterless view for reference after upload.

Is this the new behaviour of importing via normal mode, wherein if an error is found no records will be uploaded?

Thanks

Piscoso Martin

Rollbase PH

Posted by Admin on 11-Mar-2012 21:25

So what seems to be the problem: incorrect counter of created records?

Posted by Admin on 11-Mar-2012 21:42

Seems like trigger-based validation does not work correctly during import.

Posted by Admin on 12-Mar-2012 06:58

Yes, it's the incorrect count of records which says "Created records: 1 ", although no record was created due to trigger-based validation which worked as expected.

Posted by Admin on 12-Mar-2012 12:47

Will be fixed in next release.

This thread is closed