Portal Pages Layout Formatting Not Holding

Posted by Rollbase User on 02-Mar-2012 18:14

Hi, I am experiencing challenges with the "layout" of portal pages, and "keeping" the layout I am defining in "edit" mode. (I'm on a mac, Using Firefox) -- I am using the different sections, with various numbers of columns, but have difficulty keeping the fields where I position them (after I am on-line, using the page) As an example: I defined 3 columns in a section, but only use two (I am using the left column, and the center column, but NOT the right column.) When I view the page, it moves my center column completely to the right, and squishes the fields, putting them on multiple lines. Question 1. What is the best practice, to create portal pages that will keep the fields where I want them to be? Question 2. Can we "remove" or "hide" the field's labels, and use the HTML section to write a specific label for the page (this label could change, when I have the same field on another page) Thanks again for your help. Marc

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 02-Mar-2012 21:01

Hi again,

Question 1. What is the best practice, to create portal pages that will keep the fields where I want them to be?

--> Things I've noticed here is that this is a Table CSS/layout issue where you have empty cells. What I usually do is either to just use 2 columns OR on the 3rd column, place a script component containing just   >> This 'might' help.

Question 2. Can we "remove" or "hide" the field's labels, and use the HTML section to write a specific label for the page (this label could change, when I have the same field on another page)

--> For ease, use javaScript for this - in your onload add --

document.getElementById("rbi_L_fieldName").innerHTML = 'Desired Label';

//This will alter the field's Label.

--> Just play around with this till you get the desired results. Then you can specify for each page what the Label is supposed to be via onload property.

Thanks

Piscoso Martin

Posted by Admin on 05-Mar-2012 17:23

Hi Marc,

In addition to Martin's suggestions which are great, for question 2 you can also:

1. Create a Template field and add it to your page to display custom HTML that includes only the field values. Or...

2. Add an HTML component to the page to display custom HTML that includes only the field values.

Matt

This thread is closed