What determines where the user will "land," after

Posted by Rollbase User on 04-Mar-2012 14:38

What determines where the user will "land," after saving a new object record?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 18:24

Under some circumstance(s), RB is "landing" on an unexpected Page. The Page it lands on is a bit "random," depending on the Pages associated with the Object being added.

For example, one of my Objects lands on an outdated/no longer used Records List Page, associated with a Tab that was deleted.

BTW: Is that intended, i.e. when a Tab is deleted should the Page associated with that Tab survive?

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 18:38

By default on Object list page. However use New Record > Properties > Check box to land on "View" page after creating new record.

For portals you can explicitly specify destination page.

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 18:51

Problem is... there is more than one "list page." See other post about deleting Pages.

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 19:28

Landing on View Page is not great... in my particular situation... also, that setting doesn't help if the User bails out/cancels the add... also, when Clone is used RB behaves differently than if it is a straight New record... I'll have to think about it more...

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 20:25

Shouldn't RB land on the Records List Page that it came from... unless it's set to land on the View Page? Sorry, I must be I missing something here?

Does RB expect there to only be one Records List Page per Object? If so, that's another reason we need a way to delete Pages. Remember, as I mentioned in other posts, RB does not delete the Records List Pages it creates, when Tabs are added, when those Tabs are deleted.

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 21:48

Particular user as only one List or View page assigned. Please open Role or User > Pages

Posted by Admin on 04-Mar-2012 22:19

Your Filing Master object has 9 pages, no duplicates.

Please provide specific steps to reproduce the issue.

Posted by Admin on 05-Mar-2012 06:11

I also posted what follows on the other post related to this issue:

1) Look at the Object View Page for Citations. You will notice it has 4 Records List Pages. Two are used by App Tabs... two are junk left over from deleting Tabs.

2) Click on the "Citations" App on the App tree.

3) Click on the "Citations" Tab. The Records List Page you will land on will be the one titled "Citations - Citation List."

4) Click on "New Citation" on the App tree. Cancel the New Citation... and you will land on the Records List Page titled "To Be Deleted Too."

You can see the same kind of behavior if you Cancel a Clone operation. However, it's not just about "cancels," you will land on the wrong Page when you "Save" also... I just used "Cancel" as a quick way to demo the problem.

This thread is closed