Cannot login to new customers on private cloud

Posted by Rollbase User on 28-Feb-2012 20:34

I'm sure it is something I've done, but when I create a new customer, it never allows the login to happen. I have 3 other working Customers, but trying to migrate a customer from the hosted Rollbase to our private cloud didn't go well. Since then I have not been able to created even an empty new Customer and log in. I have no idea if this is related, but the catalina.out log file is full of "Warning: Cannot read name ranges for _Toc123456789_1 - settng to empty". Suggestions on where to look? The log files for the new customer don't show anything out of the ordinary, however the Login Blocked field is ticked.

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 28-Feb-2012 21:22

Please check Rollbase log files: Customer View > More actions > View Logs

Posted by Admin on 28-Feb-2012 21:25

I have checked those log files already, as per my initial ticket notes "they don't show anything out of the ordinary". By that I mean, its just "Data maintenance started", "Loaded to prod1" or whatever the normal informational messages say. Nothing indicating a problem.

Posted by Admin on 28-Feb-2012 23:14

What exactly is happening when you login? Did you receive "welcome" email for first admin user?

Posted by Admin on 28-Feb-2012 23:16

No the email never arrives. I will check if it gets sent.

Posted by Admin on 28-Feb-2012 23:25

No emails :(. Strangely enough, there are no "Customer created" emails either. What happened was I created the customer, received both the "customer created" and "welcome" emails. Went to restore the backup from the hosted rollbase customer zone. It failed miserably and after multiple attempts I gave up and decided to start from scratch. So I deleted the customer zone and created a new one, for which I did not receive the "customer created" nor "welcome" emails. I tried a second new customer with the same effect. I'm guessing something in the restoration attempts broke something? I'm pretty sure I tried a tomcat6 restart to no avail (but didn't clear the cache).

Posted by Admin on 28-Feb-2012 23:33

You can create admin account for me so I will take a look.

Posted by Admin on 29-Feb-2012 00:38

Fixed, thanks Pavel!

For anyone searching, not sure what went wrong. Pavel might be able to shed more light, but for some reason the customer zone wasn't being created with the default app installed and adding after creation didn't seem to make a difference. I can't explain how that happened.

This thread is closed