java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to publish update

Posted by Rollbase User on 20-Feb-2012 10:55

We're not able to publish an update or generate XML output for our app on our private cloud instance. The error from the logs and that is being emailed from the server is below. I have searched through all of the logs in the rollbase directory but haven't seen anything obvious in reference to an object or field that's causing the error.

java.lang.NullPointerException Customer: 

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.rb.core.data.definition.DataObjectDef.toPacket(DataObjectDef.java:1335)

at p0.Application.toPacket(Application.java:1053)

at p0.a50.generateXML(a50.java:148)

at org.apache.jsp.setup.appXML_jsp._jspService(appXML_jsp.java:158)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:388)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:313)

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 20-Feb-2012 11:05

I will update binaries later today, sorry for inconvenience.

Posted by Admin on 20-Feb-2012 11:07

Thanks for the quick response, Pavel!

If it helps, we were using the 3.4 version posted 2/11 and it was causing the issue so I upgraded to the version from 2/18 and it kept occurring.

Posted by Admin on 22-Feb-2012 14:02

Hi Pavel,

Do you know when a new build of the binaries will be available to address this? We're currently unable to create customer sites as we need to update an application first and are getting the error when we're trying to do so.

Thanks for your help!

Posted by Admin on 26-Feb-2012 13:09

I installed the update from Friday night and we are now able to publish the application and generate XML. However, when we try to install the application via the application directory or in a new customer instance, we're getting an error posted below.

How do I track down that "50829" refers to?

p0.a48: Error: no new id for 50829

at p0.a46.get(a46.java:42)

at p0.a39.createQuestion(a39.java:1372)

at p0.a39.createObjectDefParts2(a39.java:485)

at p0.a39.install(a39.java:233)

at p0.a39.install(a39.java:165)

at com.rb.prod.logics.servlet.ComponentServlet.doGet(ComponentServlet.java:214)

at com.rb.prod.logics.servlet.ComponentServlet.doPost(ComponentServlet.java:41)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catali

Posted by Admin on 26-Feb-2012 13:47

Please submit support request and attach your XML file. Unfortunately publishing and installing questions was not sufficiently tested yet.

Posted by Admin on 26-Feb-2012 14:55

OK, thanks. We'll remove the survey for now so we can get the instance set up for tomorrow but will circle back on this later on. Looks like everything else is working smoothly.

Posted by Admin on 26-Feb-2012 15:07

I've updated binaries, you can try installing survey now.

This thread is closed