New Installation Not Creating First User

Posted by Rollbase User on 29-Jan-2012 19:41

After setting up a brand new environment today on Amazon EC2 in Windows, I am unable to log in and did not receive a welcome email. I deleted the database, removed the webapp folders that were created and restarted Tomcat with the same results: no login email sent. I tried to reset the password with the Forgot Password page but it told me the email account I specified in shared.properties did not exist. As one final troubleshooting step, I went into MySQL to check the user_data table where there were no records in the table. This makes sense why I can't reset my password but doesn't make sense why it didn't create the first account. Lastly, I looked to see if anything was in the tomcat5-stdout error files and there was an odd error there: ==>> Installing local Rollbase instance Creating Master Zone: system records Rollback transaction #1 in thread 1 due to com.rb.core.data.a73: Object definition for USER object not found com.rb.core.data.a73: Object definition for USER object not found

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 30-Jan-2012 00:36

After you start Tomcat the very first time the system will install default applications: app1_rb.xml etc. It is hard to say what has happened until you provide standard output from first Tomcal launch (it is recommended that you make this launch as stand-alone app rather than Windows Service).

Posted by Admin on 30-Jan-2012 16:52

I started fresh with a clean windows instance and this was no longer an issue-- something must not have been setup properly in the installation but now it's working. Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 30-Jan-2012 17:16

Have you noticed any difference when installing and running Rollbase on EC2? We plan to provide guidelines on running Rollbase on EC2 in our documentation.

Please note: when you start Tomcat it loads Master Server component. If at this time RB_USER_DATA table is empty the system will install default apps before continue starting other components.

Posted by Admin on 04-Feb-2012 08:22

I am also seeing this problem. tried java-sun, openjdk, tried stand alone and running under init. I am also running under a virtualized instance.

Posted by Admin on 06-Feb-2012 10:11

The error "Object definition for USER object not found" on rollbase install attempt failure may possibly be fixed by new rollbase deployment file set timestamped 2/4/2012 (see my thread "http://getsatisfaction.com/rollbase/topics/new_laptop_installation_not_creating_first_user_i_do_not_get_the_initial_email" comment by PV near end) - downloading all rollbase files again fixed the issue for me (but see my thread for additional comments at end). Robert Burrage

Posted by Admin on 06-Feb-2012 12:17

Please use the latest binaries, the bug has been fixed.

Posted by Admin on 07-Feb-2012 15:27

Just tried again with the latest release and was able to set up a new instance very quickly. Thanks for resolving the issue!

This thread is closed