Portal Error message: "No guest account enabled?"

Posted by Rollbase User on 23-Jan-2012 14:37

"No guest account enabled?" I am getting this error message on the Portal page that I have created. I have gone through all of the permissions, roles, users etc to try and figure this out, but to no avail. This is a private cloud version. Could it be a setting on the server that needs to be set up?

All Replies

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2012 15:11

It looks like your customer zone creation was incomplete. Have you seen any errors? Please check log.

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2012 17:46

Pavel, thank you for your response. However, I have no idea what that means. Is the customer zone creation a step in the installation of the private cloud?

If so, can you provide some details around where I would look, and what I need to check in the log?

Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2012 18:02

This looks like a bug in installation procedure. I'll verify and post binary updates ASAP.

Meanwhile please create a new Customer (AKA Customer Zone) and create portal there. Please let me know if you still see an issue.

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2012 18:24

Pavel,

I tried to create a new customer and got this error.

Then I went to try to publish an app and got this error.

Thanks!

Posted by Admin on 23-Jan-2012 21:55

OK, that's different. Please make sure that you've selected at least one app with USER object (that used to be "Rollbase" app, probably "Mission Control" in your case).

That should be set as default option during installation, not sure why this is not working for you.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jan-2012 02:38

Pavel,

I should probably have mentioned that we are on a trial version of the Private Cloud. I ran across the Subscription page, and noticed that it limits us to 2 Portals. However, we currently have 5. Could this be the issue instead?

When I follow your instructions, I notice that the USER Object has Applications assigned to them, so this does not seem to be the issue.

Posted by Admin on 24-Jan-2012 02:39

If you have access to our subscription page, it is located here:

http://107.22.222.31:8080/master/components/about.jsp

Posted by Admin on 06-Feb-2012 16:12

Pavel,

I continue to have issues with the error message : "No guest account enabled"..

We now have a developer account, and I have added a New Customer to our Customer Zone. I have ensured that the Application has a User Object.

Unfortunately I continue to get the same error:

Error

Your request could not be completed because:

No guest account enabled

Am I missing some fundamental step? I am not sure what your comment earlier means: "That should be set as default option during installation"

Any additional help you can provide?

Posted by Admin on 06-Feb-2012 16:39

Please update your Private Cloud binaries - the issue should be fixed.

You can also create new portal in customer zone other than Master zone.

This thread is closed